This is a summary of rule changes for 2018 that affect Bartlett Little Leagu, a complete list/description can be found on the Little League International website.
- USA Baseball bat rules, details on another post on our site
- Pitchers may not pitch 3 consecutive days
- All suspended games shall resume exactly where they left off. Previously games in the 1st inning were restarted.
- In All Stars, if both players have meet their minimum playing time, a pitcher can be removed for batting and return to pitching as long as they are not replaced on the mound. This does not affect regular season games because we use a continuous batting order (everyone bats, no players are substitued for in the batting order)
- The slaughter rule has changed to after 3 innings (4 innings for Intermediate and above) the game is conceeded after a 15 run lead (2.5 if the home team is winning) or 4 innings (5 innings for Intermediate and above) the game is conceeded after a 10 run lead (4.5 if the home team is winning).
- A manager may visit the mound twice in an inning, but on the second visit the pitcher must be removed. A manager can visit a pitcher 3 times in a game, but on the 3rd visit the pitcher must be removed. This is per pitcher, so a new pitcher would reset the count.
- Anyone ejected from a game must leave the game site. They are also suspended the next game and may not be present at the game site (including pre and post game activities).